The high winds - possible gusts to 52 mph - appear to be arriving in Chestertown in the early morning hours, sooner than expected. Fine by me. I hope to launch mid-day, but if the high winds persist, I may be trapped in the basin at the ramp. Right now bow sprits from the Pride of Baltimore II and Lady Maryland nearly overlap at the entrance to the basin. I will try and snake my with two masts and rigging through the ships only if the wind is reasonable. Worst case - I spend the first night in the basin, then head out on the river Saturday morning when the winds are forecast to be down and the two tall ships head out for public day sails.