Thursday, October 22, 2020

day three - headed in to Knapp's Narrows


A warmer night than expected, I wake to an overcast sky.  Not a breath of wind.  


Checking the forecast I see I am not going far.  No wind today, rain tonight.  Then the remnants of Hurricane Sally arrive with heavy rain tomorrow and strong north winds for the next four or five days.  


What to do?  Might as well relax and enjoy one of my favorite places on the Bay - Knapp's Narrows and Tilghman Island.


We leave Steves Cove under power, the mizzen raised, main and jib furled.  A chocolate cherry Rx bar for breakfast.


In Knapp's Narrow channel 8:20, a call to the bridge and they lift almost immediately.  Docked by 8:50, checked in at Kanpp's Narrow's Marina & Inn soon after.  A glass of iced tea on the patio at the Marker Five restaurant while catching up on the log book.


A day of relaxing, cleaning gear and reading.  With the forecast I expect I'll be here for another day.  I'm ok with that.  Fish and Chips at Marker Five for dinner.  4.2 NM.



No comments: