Friday, March 13, 2015

this morning's physical therapy


This morning's pt was done in Spartina's cockpit, an excellent workout as I try to find the new choreography in the boat with my new hip.   


Small boat's require crouching, kneeling, bending over, reaching up and under the side and foredecks from compact positions.


Artificial hips have some limitations on movement.  It is possible to dislocate a new hip, something the doctor suggests I avoid.


So I took it, as my physical therapist said, slow and in control.  It became clear that I can make it work.  I was able to access everything and accommodate the new hip at the same time.  It is a relief for me to know that. 


Oh, and while doing my pt, I sanded down some patches of new epoxy and used a damp rag to clean the cockpit for painting.  Sunday and Monday, with clear skies and temperatures in the 60s, should be perfect.

No comments: