Sunday, June 18, 2023

day six - waiting out the wind


Rough bumpy night.  Much more wind than expected, less rain than forecast.  Checking the weather apps I see winds in the low 20s today.  Not going anywhere.  


Strong winds all morning.  I hear from friends who had gathered on the other side of the Bay for a group sail.  They launch their boats but choose not to sail.  9:00 sun breaks through the overcast.


A breakfast with hot chocolate.  Lots of reading, a little napping.  I spend the afternoon listening to the Baltimore Orioles beating the Toronto Blue Jays in an 11 inning game.  Nice!


 

3 comments:

Don Barker said...

Steve,

Can you say what app you use to produce and publish tracks of your cruises?

Thanks.
Don B.

Steve said...

Those are GPS tracks that I download onto the computer using the Garmin Basecamp app. Then I export the track to my desktop and open it with Google Earth Pro. On my first trips I would have a single track for an entire trip. These days I create a separate track for each day of a cruise. Easier to manage that way. Steve

Don Barker said...

Thanks for this helpful info. :D