Wednesday, July 5, 2023

days fourteen and fifteen - rest, relax and repair


Day fourteen I work in a make-shift sail loft in the Steamboat building's empty auditorium.  The sail tape Kristen had picked up for me is perfect.  Wider and much stronger than what I had put on earlier.


Bad weather hangs around for the day so I'm glad to be using my time well.


Both lunch and dinner are at Foxy's, a burger for lunch and ceviche and a salad for dinner, along with a couple of Blue Moons.


Day fifteen starts with a blueberry muffin and iced tea at the Blue Crab.


Back to the museum to raise the repaired jib and it seems like it is in good shape.


I catch up on my long and then wait for friend Vicki to arrive.


We head to Blue Miles for oysters, both on the ham-shell and fried.


Dessert is a Smith Island seven layer cake.  I am rested and relaxed, and ready to get back on the water.

 

No comments: