Thursday, August 31, 2023

day twenty - the end


Windless and cool, under power Buckle Harbor 5:55.  Feel a very strong east to west current just outside the harbor.  A couple hundred yards more out in open water and feel no current at all.  Seems strange to me.


Near Johns Island I hear a clank of steel against granite, I've strayed inside of the lobster pot floats that mark, at least for me, navigable water.  I raise the centerboard, move out to deeper water, lower the centerboard.


 I am surprised that this is the first time it happens to me.  Should have been more aware.


6:55 in the distance I can see the boats in the mooring field at Atlantic Boat Company.  7:15 docked.

5.4 NM


 

1 comment:

Rich said...

Thanks for taking us along on your journey Steve! I hope to attend Wooden Boat School in Brooklin, ME next year. This dream of mine has been too-long delayed by life.