"When I think of all the fools I've been it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Monday, September 16, 2024

day ten - farewell


Awake at 5:00, but kind of half-sleep until 6:00.  Winds swirling through the trees, yet calm water in the anchorage.  The air is thick and damp.   Moisture everywhere.  Fog, rain come and go. 

The bivy kept the sleeping bag dry.  I quickly put on the drysuit over thermals to stay warm and dry.  Storm radar shows rain ending at 8:35.  It stays foggy and raining until 9:15, then begins to clear.  


I spread out gear to dry.  1:30 Jamie and Matt motor by to say they are headed into Jonesport for fuel, then going to Roque Island.  I wish them well.  I enjoyed their company.  Now that they are gone, I enjoy the solitude.

Early afternoon skies clear.  I peel back the boom tent to get some sunshine.  Drying gear and charging batteries with the solar panel.  

Everything is dried and packed at 530.  Excellent forecast for tomorrow.




 

No comments: