Spring is getting closer and Spartina, save for a couple of leaf springs for the trailer, is ready to go. I've been thinking about a late May/early June trip on Chesapeake Bay - soft-shell crab season, you know - and I've sketched out a couple of ideas. Two weeks out on the water sounds appealing right now.
One idea, above, would be the completion of the Delmarva circumnavigation. Having two weeks would give me the option of behind anchored at Chincoteague Island - probably in Tom's Cove at the very south end of Assateague Island - waiting for favorable winds to carry us outside on the ocean to Wachapreague and then down the inside passage to the tip of the Eastern Shore. If winds work out, there might conceivably be time to sail south around Cape Charles and then explore the mid-Bay area for a while.
The other option would be to put in at Onancock and simply sail north to the top of the Bay, heading up on on one side of the Bay and then coming back down on the other side. I have not spent much time sailing on the western shore, so I need to do some exploring over there.
Maybe I can plan and be ready for both trips, choosing the one most favored by the forecast in the few days before the start of the trip. It's something to think about.