Saturday, October 25, 2014

sun-splashed


It was a sun-splashed, sparkling day on the water.  Excellent wind late morning, then hardly enough wind to sail in the afternoon.  But with all that sun and blue skies - doesn't the warmth of the sun on a cool fall day feel great - where else would I want to be?


I was very happy to have my binoculars on board for the first time in a month.  I never knew how much I would miss them until they were off at the repair shop.  The Nikon binoculars have proven to be an excellent deal.  Bought "refurbished" from Defender Marine a year or two ago, they came with a lifetime $10.00 no-questions-asked lifetime guarantee.  Too good to be true, I thought.  On the last cruise one hot day a lens fogged over.  I emailed Defender, who replied with a copy of the warranty and the original receipt.  I shipped them off to Nikon a month ago and then this past week a brand new - not refurbished - pair of binoculars was overnighted to me.  And nobody ever asked for the $10.  Yes, too good to be true.


Late afternoon, with hardly a breeze, we dropped anchor and enjoyed the day.  I left Spartina on the waterfront, we'll be out again tomorrow.  The season is growing short, better enjoy it while we can.


No comments: