Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NC Challenge

Kiwibird and SandyBottom have announced plans for the 2009 NC Challenge, information is available on the Watertribe discussion site. Dates are September 24-27, race is 100 miles with all Watertribe rules in force. I'm sure it will be a great race. Bruce and I will just skirt some of the race course on the Skeeter Beater this spring, passing to the west as we sail down the Neuse River. In 2007 we did cover a lot of the same territory - Beaufort, Harkers Island, Core Sound and Cedar Island. All really beautiful places - rivers, creeks, sounds and canals that will make for a great adventure in an expedition style race.
Kiwibird and SandyBottom plan on paddling the course in a couple of weeks. I'll look forward to reading about that.

As for the Skeeter Beater, things are moving along. I rebuilt the water pump on my Nissan 3.5 outboard. It is seven years old, I really should have rebuilt it a few years ago. I also printed out a tide, sun and moon chart for our late May/early June trip. Tides won't be much of a factor for us, but knowing the daylight hours will help with planning.

-Steve

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Woo hoo! We're off Thursday night for the big paddle! And thanks for the promo for the NCC2009, Steve. I haven't seen you signed up as yet...