Wednesday, January 31, 2018

separation anxiety no more



The sails arrived from Stuart's loft and I am very glad to have them back in hand.  Bending the main and mizzen on to the spars today, making a few adjustments suggested by Stuart.  It amazes me that he can just look at the sails and tell from their appearance how I rig them.  

The weather outlook for the next couple of weekends is not good.  Cold and rainy, wind out of the north.  February is typically when we get the little batches of warm days.  I will be rigged and ready.

My escape from the cold, a work related trip to Hilton Head, has been cancelled due to budgetary considerations.  Bummer.  The "working" point of the trip was to go fish for a great white shark.  Yes, sure that sounds like fun.  But mostly I was looking forward to seeing Webb and GANNET at their new island home.  That treat will have to wait until later.





No comments: