Saturday, September 5, 2020

tech talk, Invest 92

I spent over an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with customer service and techs at SPOT.  Early last spring they had upgraded their mapping options.  It was an improvement in several ways but it took Curt and I quite a bit of time to figure out the settings before the spring sail.


I was pretty happy with the new system but they, well, improved it again about 10 days ago.  Hard to find now is the simple page where I could put in all the data for a shared page.  Instead you have to go through icons for such things as "data visualization."  So I worked through all that and created a shared view with a beginning date in mid-September and an end date in October.....and when I looked at the shared view it included the May and June trips, well outside of the page's date range.   Yesterday it took me a while to explain the problem to customer service.  And then I get a call from a tech who was able to create his own page with the exact same problem.  He said he was going to call the code writers for mapping as soon as we hung up.  I think they have it straightened out now, I'll do some tests to find out.


Invest 92 possibly was something I was watching, worried that it might be off the mid-Atlantic about the time I am hoping to begin the sail.  Relief came from this forecast out this morning that shows it should not be a problem.  A little good news never hurts.

 

No comments: