Wednesday, January 17, 2024

from above

The temperature outside right now is 20 degrees Fahrenheit, the forecast high is 34 degrees.  A good day to stay inside and pack food for the winter trip down south.


This photo is from a few years ago, taken by a GoPro mounted at the end of the gaff on the mainsail.  The last few trips I have been disappointed in my lack of use of the GoPro camera.  I hope to do better on this trip, mounting it at various places on SPARTINA and hoping for an interesting image.  Somehow I always get wrapped up in the day's sail and forget about the GoPro.  I'll try to do better on this trip.


Speaking of cold weather, it is the perfect day to pack food.  I carry 29 daily meals of steak and eggs breakfast (RxBars and beef sticks), tuna for lunch and freeze dried meals for dinner.  There will also be cups of fruit, snacks and trail mix.  I will not use all of that as there will be meals ashore along the way.  Don't ask me why 29 meals instead of 30, it just works.


1 comment:

Rob Kunzig said...

Steve, always much "food for thought," pun intended - thank you for sharing your ways...