Saturday, February 9, 2019

cruising (sleeping) gear

An add from Outdoorplay caught my attention with the release of new models of sleeping pads, which meant there might be some of the old models on sale.  And there were.  The older model Therma-a-Rest EvoLite Sleeping Pad was marked at 35% off.  A good deal at $78 but am even better deal was available at REI with a clearance price of $60 with no shipping cost. 


This will replace my old Therm-a-Rest pad bought 11 or 12 years ago as a "second" from CampMor for about $20 (I think I got my money's worth out of it).  Self inflating with a two-inch lift, weighing in at 1.4 lbs and fitting in a stuff sack half the size of the old rolled up pad, I think this will be a good investment.  A good night's sleep is important.

2 comments:

Rich D. said...

Steve, one of my other friends with a Blog was notified by Google that Blogspot is going to be shut down soon. Just making sure you have heard of this and hoping that you will let us know if you migrate The Log of Spartina to another platform. Hope to be able to continue following your adventures! Sincerely, Rich

Steve said...

Rich,
I've been reading since 2014 that blogspot is shutting down, but that never seems to be the case. I'll do a backup of my blog just in case.

steve