Sunday, November 22, 2020

oh deer! *


Typically around the holidays, for some unknown reason, I am often associated with the Grinch and/or Scrooge.  I cannot imagine why.  I think I may have just changed all that.  I decorated SPARTINA and joined a small boat parade, part of the winter festival at Nauticus and the USS Wisconsin.  They provided the Christmas lights, I provided the reindeer and a friend provided the red bicycle taillight as Rudolph's nose.


I was invited late last summer to join the parade and was happy to say yes.  About 10 other boats were involved, including several of SailNauticus Harbor 20s.  I had never been in any kind of parade before.  I will say it was gratifying to see the smiles on faces of young children during this pandemic time.  There will be a repeat performance, weather permitting, every Saturday between now and Christmas.  It is well worth the price of admission (it is free).


 Today was fall sailing at its best.  High 60s, steady wind at about 10 mph and blues skies.  Fall and winter sailing, I just can't get enough of that.


*  Barry's reaction when he heard I was going to be in a Christmas parade.