Sunday, January 22, 2023

pre-trip maintenance


 A little winter maintenance to SPARTINA going on these days.  There were a lot of dings in the deck and on the upper white planks.  Sanded and filled with marine grade fairing compound.  Will sand smooth again and repaint with Rustoleum topside paint.  After that I'll be touching up the bottom paint.


Final batch of food supplies arrived yesterday so I'll get to pack and vacuum sealing all that.  Then a tune-up for the outboard.  Hope to head south in a little over three weeks.

1 comment:

cayosmon said...

On my way to Clear Lake, TX area in a couple of weeks to do the same with my Pathfinder. I'm changing the red on top to Bertram White, and adding some Tuffkote non-skid to the deck area. I always thought I loved tan bark sails, and maybe if present-day sails were flax, they would be beautiful. I'll wear these out, then get white; a much nicer look. Thanks for sharing your trips; I love them.