Tuesday, February 7, 2023

packing

The packing begins.  Just laying out gear now to see what I've got, what I need to track down.


 Sleeping gear (sleeping pad, bivy and sleeping bag) at left.   Dry suit, two green dry bags of freeze dried meals, storage batteries and charging cords in grey pelican box, gallon bags of meal kits (breakfast bars, cups of fruit and cans of tuna) in the cardboard box.  Waxed canvas hat to keep my head dry, plastic jars and vacuum packs of more food in the little grey tub, green insulated lunch box.  One of the orange waterproof duffels hold the cooking kit, the other has my logbook/books for reading.  Red mesh bag at upper right has tether and lifejacket/harness, some towels, GPS and SPOT locator beacon.  Still more gear to come but somehow it all disappears into SPARTINA.


2 comments:

Chris Smead said...

Excited for your trip, Steve! Hey, what's the green insulated lunch box for? You're going to say, "It's for my lunch, you buffoon..." But I'm trying to think how you'd use it for a long trip like this.

Steve said...

Chris, that is to stop my lunch items from "baking" in the lunch box when it sits in the sun all day. Fall and winter trips it is not a problem but late spring that lunch box can heat up. This insulated lunch box stops that from happening. Steve