Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving past


It has been too long since I have been to Ocracoke.  Sitting here at the kitchen table, thinking about Thanksgivings past that were spent on the island, it took me a while just to remember the last time I was there.  I smiled when I realized that it was this past May, and that I had arrived there by boat.  (Is there a better way to reach an island?)

Grey and rainy outside the kitchen window, and it will be that way for the next few days.  Family schedules won't allow for Thanksgiving on Ocracoke this year.  In fact schedules won't even allow for a Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving.  Our day of thanks will be Friday, and it will be a very nice one.  But it would have been nicer on the island.  Maybe next year.

The photographs are from Thanksgiving morning 2012.









No comments: