Sunday, May 7, 2017

packing / Mona Passage


The spring sail is still a week away but with a busy work schedule I am doing most of the packing now.  All the gear is in good shape (some of it has been in use for nearly a decade now) but I've been replacing batteries, clearing gps tracks and updating my spot profile to show sailing on Pamlico Sound.


Food and water is all set.  I think the only thing I need to buy is a backup anchor light as my old one gave out last fall.  As for launching, Shawn has sold Pate Boat Yard but he was kind enough to put me in touch with the new owner who quickly agreed to allow me to use the ramp and leave my jeep/trailer on the property.  They did ask that I sign a liability waiver which I was happy to do.  Though Shawn is no longer the owner I do hope to see him down there.


--------------------------------


Webb has passed through the Mona Passage between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic with what appears to be excellent conditions.  His journal says he plans to turn west and then north west, sailing north of Cuba in the Old Bahama Channel.


No comments: