Looking at the forecast, which I don't completely trust since we are still a few days out, but things are looking pretty good as of now. Maybe a little rainy on launch day then sunshine for at least a few days after that.
What is a little unusual is the direction of the wind. For three or four days it will be out of the W, WNW or NW. Typically I've dealt with SW, N or NE winds. With the forecast, which will certainly be changing up until launch day, I've been thinking about the route I might take. Ocracoke, Wysocking Bay, Caffee Bay, Belhaven, Bath and Washington all still not the list. Maybe Oriental too. We'll see.
The photograph is from a few years ago setting off from Bluff Point to Ocracoke just after dawn with a steady SW wind.