Monday, January 31, 2011

that was quick


I placed the order with amazon yesterday at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, the camera was sitting on my doorstep this evening.  Talk about good service.

There is the old Pentax Optio W20, top and the new Pentax Optio W90 below.  I'm really happy with the photographs I got with the old W20.  A good number of images on this blog were shot with that camera.  I can only hope the new one will do as well.

Initial impressions....the new camera is lighter probably because of a molded polycarbonate plastic body as opposed to metal construction of the old body........good seal and lock around the small door that is the access for battery/storage card.......lots of rubber cushioning on the corners and edges of the W90 to make it more impact resistant.....the wide angle on the W90 is noticeably wider that the W20 (great for on a small boat), the maximum optical zoom on the W90 is slightly longer (giving a tighter image) than the W20.....I had thought I would like the strap with carabiner that comes with the W90 but once I had it on there it felt clumsy, sticking out where my right hand grasps the camera, so I took it off and replaced with the wrist strap.

So as far as sitting around in the kitchen, it is a great camera.  Give me about 30 more degrees and a nice breeze and I'll tell you how it works on the water.

steve

No comments: