Friday, January 7, 2011

spotwalla

Spent some time this morning creating a spotwalla account.  In the past we've posted a link to our SPOT tracking page to give family, friends and readers an idea of where we are during a cruise.  But I've always wanted to post the map itself right on the blog.  Spotwalla seems to be the way to go.


It was simple enough to create the account and then link to my SPOT tracking page.   Now I need to figure out if I want to put the map in as a gadget in the column at right (see above) or as a blog post (below).  The gadget might be too small.  The post-sized blog would certainly be easier to read and navigate (a viewer can scroll, pan and zoom in or out with the map).

It was simple to add the embed code for either place.  I did need to adjust the horizontal and vertical measurements in the code itself, changing the defaults from 600 to 200 for the gadget and 400 (I think) for the post.  There are some other options I still need to figure out such as the navigation controls and number of days to post.

I'll give it a try on some test sails this Spring, hope to have it all figured out for the May trip.

steve

No comments: