Saturday, February 12, 2011

able to resist anything but temptation


Forcast is for blue skies tomorrow, a perfect day to roll Spartina out of the garage and set up her rigging.  Masts are ready to go.  I just need to reeve the halyards (one jib halyard, two main - peak and throat) through the blocks, put the turnbuckles on the bow and sidestays, step the masts and then adjust the turnbuckles.  Should be easy and fun (doing anything out in the sunshine qualifies as fun this winter).  If the winds are calm I'll raise the sails.


We always get a few nice days in mid to late February.  Tomorrow will be one of them.

Monday, a day-off for me, is even better.  I think the forecast is for the mid-60's and I have to say the thought of sailing in mid February is tempting.  Very, very tempting.  But the water is still icy cold.  I don't know.  I'll have to think about it a while.

steve

No comments: