Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm not the only one working on the rigging


Driving by Waterside today I noticed some rigging work going on at the tall ship American Rover.  Good to see another boat getting ready for the sailing season.


I always enjoy seeing the Rover when I'm out day sailing on the Elizabeth River.  She has tan bark sails and looks beautiful underway.  I get lots of nice waves from the crew and passengers as we sail by each other.
I was a little bit surprised today when one of the captains said "Aren't you the guy with the little yawl?"  It was nice that he remembered me and Spartina.  I'll look forward to seeing them out on the water in a few weeks.

steve

2 comments:

Bill said...

"A few weeks"??

Yikes!! You're right. I have sooo much to do.

I'm scheduled to participate in a multiple-boat, 4-day sail at the end of April. Looks like it will be a neat trip - down to Yorktown, then across the Bay to Cape Charles, then back to either Mobjack or Poquoson, then back home.

Before that happens, I need to finish the complete engine overhaul, lift the cabin sole, clean and paint the bilge, get the new sail and rig it, and more...

If only this pesky "job" thing wouldn't keep getting in the way of my free time!

Steve said...

Sounds like a fun trip across the bay. Better get to work!
steve