Tuesday, May 12, 2015

the track, painting the harbor red


Above is the track for last week's sail, leaving out of Hobucken Monday morning and coming back in Thursday morning, about 111 miles all told.  The crossing to Ocracoke was on a windless day, at least windless until I reached the entrance channel and a nice breeze arrived.  That evening I sailed in Silver Lake, just tacking back and forth in the southeasterly breeze.  On my gps screen the track lines are wider.  By the time I dropped anchor at dusk the harbor was red save for the spots where cruising sailboats were anchored out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pattern in Silver Lake looks like the anchor dragging route on one of my overnights in South River off the Neuse River. :-)

Next time, two anchors.

Looking forward to Belhaven trip later this month.
Awaiting the "tour guide" on your shortened trip.