Wednesday, June 21, 2017

spring and fall


I am one-third the way through the daily logs of this past spring's Finally 240 and I've added added the tracking map and daily logs in the column to the right.  I'm calling in the Finally 240 because after two years of sailing in NC with either the threats or remnants of tropical storms I finally had a week of great weather.  The timing was perfect, the week before and the week after the sail had terrible weather.


The fall trip is coming a little bit more into focus.  Ideally I would like to go from Cambridge on the Choptank River to Havre De Grace at the top of the bay, visiting along the way some of the little creeks and rivers like the Bohemia and Sassafras.  And of course the usual suspects of Rock Hall, St. Michaels, Tilghman Island and Oxford.  I've got about two weeks, so maybe get to Havre De Grace and then slowly work my way back down to Cambridge.



Pouring rain outside and we've got rain in the forecast for the next five day - including a bunch of moisture from tropical storm Cindy.  Might be a good weekend to take care of chores around the house.

No comments: