Wednesday, August 30, 2017

delirium


The reading list for the fall sail is set, a copy of Mark Kurlansky's "Havana, A Subtropical Delirium"
arriving tomorrow from Amazon.  I have been a fan of Kurlansky's histories for years with favorites including "Salt: A World History," "Cod: A Biography of the Fish that changed the World," and, most recently, "The Big Oyster: History on the Half-Shell."   If you want a different take on history, Kurlansky's books are where to find it.


Should I finish that book I'll have along "Writer, Sailor, Soldier, Spy, Ernest Himgway's Secret Adventures, 1935-1961."  I kind of doubt I will get to the second book.  Darkness comes early in the fall and after a day of sailing, dinner, filling out the logbook, setting up for sleeping, a chapter or so of reading, etc, I find myself ready for a good night's sleep.


No comments: