Monday, August 14, 2017

still a workboat finish


Don't worry, SPARTINA still has her workboat finish.  She is also sporting a new coat of Sea Green Interlux Brightside Polyurethane.  It is only in the last few weeks that I noticed how the hull paint, this last coat put on four or five years ago, had faded.  There were plenty of nicks and scratches, many from traveling on the highways, but also the finish had lost its shine.  I really like the way she looks now.


The forecast for yesterday and today (my off days from work) called for thunderstorms all day long.  I figured it was a good time to paint, wouldn't be missing much sailing with the stormy weather.  The storms so far have not shown up but that's ok, glad to get the work down.


Also spent some time thinking about bottom paint.  That should go on next spring I think, a semi-hard ablative paint (though I still need to research the options out there for trailered boats).  I've got some touch up left to do and just a bit of varnish work.  She'll be back together in time for an eclipse sail.  


1 comment:

Rik said...

Nice looks... smooth hull, strong color, ready for a long trip.