Sunday, December 15, 2019

bruised


It was the first mango suit sail of the season, and if I was a mango I would have been a bruised one.  Gusty winds, much stronger than predicted, made it a wild ride.  Blowing 12 to 16 out of the WSW, the gusts reaching up in to just shy of 25 mph, according to Sailflow.  From having been out there, I believe it.


We started out full sail, then a single reef and very soon a double reef.  Lots of spray so I was glad to have the dry suit on.  Late morning I took a break, anchored behind Hospital Point for lunch and a nap.  


A pretty boat, BEYOND, out of Niagra-on-the Lake, was anchored off of Cobb Point.  The dark-hulled Freedom 40 cat-ketch had been converted to a junk rig.  Late season snow birds, I would have like to have asked them where they were headed.  But with all that wind, not much time to talk.

Hoping for a little less breeze tomorrow.

No comments: