Monday, December 16, 2019

lazy lunch


I slept in this morning, drove down to Elizabeth City and picked up a sub (Jersey Mike's) on the way. I planned on a relaxing sail for lunch, and that is exactly what I got.  The double reef remained in SPARTINA's mainsail, the winds were lighter but there will some strong gusts in the mix.  Easy sailing and enough wind that I had steady 5+ kt runs under reduced sail.  The wind has swung from WSW to SW, leaving the Pasquotank much more peaceful. As I was being lazy I chose not to put the mango suit on.  Once out on the river I found it to be cooler than expected so slipped the dry suit on.  It is good to know that I can put it on quickly and easily while sailing.  

I have been thinking about the new year and making plans for work on SPARTINA.  I see February as trailer month - repack the bearing, a little painting and maybe replace some hardware.  March/April for topside paint including interior grey, white deck and touch-up of the the green hull.  I also need to paint the spars.  Late April/early May for bottom paint.  And mixed in between all of that, some winter and early spring sailing.

No comments: