Thursday, February 10, 2022

rigged but not launched, launched but not sailed


Yesterday was rigging day for SPARTINA.  I pulled her out of the garage to set the masts and spars in place.


There were some modifications I needed to check, including the new tiller above and the new mainsheet cam cleat pad.  Both seem to work out very well.


I put the new safety harness lanyard in place and also the new forestay on the main mast.


Once she was all rigged I packed some gear on to the boat, broke down the rig and fastened everything in place for trailering.


Then it was off to the boat ramp.  I did not rig her there, just back SPARTINA down in to the water to make one last adjustment on the trailer itself.  A good day's work on a beautiful sunny and warm day, seems like the first one we have had this year.




 

No comments: