Sunday, February 6, 2022

packing, charging, sorting


Lots of little chores to take care of this coming week.  Today I made some of the trail mix for the winter trip down south.  I need to pick up some more dried fruit tomorrow.  All the food for breakfast (RxBars, Tanka Buffalo Bars and a cup of fruit), lunch (Rio Mare tuna, cup of fruit, crackers) and dinners (freeze dried meals and a cup of fruit) have been sorted and packed.


I've been charging batteries and power packs.  I will be curious to see how much I will the new iPad mini and how much battery power it will consume.  I will bring the GoPro 8 and a handful of batteries, but I have found I don't use the GoPro much as my iPhone generates technically better images (I think GoPro are designed for video use, still images seem to be a secondary purpose).


 I have days marked out on the calendar next week - a "food" day, an "electronics" day and a "boat" day to do final packing.  For the boat day I need to bring SPARTINA out on the street and fully rig it to make sure the new forestay is the right length and to check a few other things with the rigging.  

All the gear should be packed and ready to go by Super Bowl Sunday. Then I'll head out to California for a week to see the youngest daughter.  When I'm back from that I will look for a good two day weather window to head south for Charleston.

2 comments:

Clark said...

Nice looking bags!

Steve said...

Those are Watershed dry bags from Asheville, NC. Not cheap but very high quality. Mine are just a year old but I have heard they last for years. Steve