Saturday, August 27, 2022

sometimes a paint shed, sometimes a boat shop, mostly a garage

The Pilgrim has given me full use of the garage for a few days.  Normally I keep the boat/trailer on the left side of the garage, she parks her car on the right.  For bottom painting I needed to jack SPARTINA off the trailer to get full access to the bottom.  

Tomorrow I'll finish up the painting, which is mostly touch up painting.  Monday I'll get the boat back on the trailer.  Tuesday shows a good forecast for washing the sails then bending them onto the spars.

About half the food is packed, 16 breakfasts and lunches in one-gallon bags, then a dozen each of canned tuna, RX Bars and meat bars are vacuum-packed for the second half of the fall sail.  As friend Curt says "cans of tuna make for good ballast."



2 comments:

Clark said...

Looking good SPARTINA!

Steve said...

Thanks a bunch. I don't know what happened to summer but I was remiss in not getting you and Audrey out for a sail. Maybe we can try to get together in November when I'm back in town after the fall sail. Steve