Monday, February 15, 2016

window seat, port side


Taking the flight from Baltimore to Norfolk I always try to get a window seat on the left side of the aircraft so I can get a good look at Chesapeake Bay.  That's Kent Island on the far side of the bay with Eastern Bay behind it and the Miles River sneaking off to the right.  I could pick out past anchorages at Warehouse Creek and Tilghman Creek.  Farther down the Bay I enjoyed seeing the Choptank and Little Choptank Rivers, the Honga River (which appeared much wider than I expected), Tangier Sounds and all of her Islands, and the final stretch of the Delmarva to Cape Charles and the mouth of the Bay.  Seeing the creaks, rivers and islands brought back lots of memories.

The day began at about 60 degrees in San Diego at dawn.  Afternoon in Baltimore it was 21 degrees, evening at home 24 degrees, with snow approaching.

No comments: