Sunday, September 19, 2021

she swam like her boat sank


Taking my time these days packing gear, food and batteries.  Why take my time?  Because I enjoy it.  Above are contents of the clothes bag, pants, shirts and a few other items all in their own bags that go into the larger dry bag at left.  Four sun block shirts and three NorthFace Paramount Convertible pants seem to work well.


I tucked the freeze dried meal storage bags into the two thwart storage areas and filled each with 15 meals.


Sleeping gear, left to right, 30 degree sleeping bag, bivy and inflatable sleeping pad.


Hypothermia kit, left, and the dry bag that holds the Stohlquist Amp dry suit, right.

--------------------------------------


My hat is off to the oldest daughter who completed her second Ironman triathlon in Cambridge, Md. yesterday.  I launched SPARTINA there two years ago on the day of her first event.  Though I could not see her in the crowd I could see the swimmers out on the Choptank River.  I remember the posters displayed around town and as they said...

She swam like her boat sank
Rode like she stole the bike
And ran for her life.

And in the process cut 40 minutes off her previous IronWOMAN event.  Well done!




 

No comments: