Thursday, September 16, 2021

Stone Horse


 I have always been a fan of Edey & Duff Stone Horses and was very happy to see this one on the cover of this morning's Town Dock, Oriental's online news site.  A beautiful sailboat on a beautiful morning.

Doing touchup painting and some hardware replacement on SPARTINA.  I've got most of the food packed.  Clothing and gear is sorted out and I'll start packing that soon.  Too far out to look at the weather but I hope to start the fall sail a week from Monday.

Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's video The Long Shore makes me look forward to the fall sail even more.  I've watched it several times, and I'm sure I'll watch it a few more before casting off.

2 comments:

David Swanson said...

If you launch at Potter's, you may seen a much rougher-looking one docked there (my boat).

Steve said...

David,
this trip is a Chesapeake Bay trip, so will be launching out of Cambridge. But if you are still there in the spring....

Potter's is a great marina. Say hi to Conway for me.

Steve