Saturday, March 3, 2018

still on the beach


Twitter tells me that there is a wind delay for the start of the Everglades Challenge.  Wind appears to be in the high teens out of the north.  That would seem to be a good direction but competitors have to cross the mouth of Tampa Bay.  Strong winds and tides can make that a rough patch of water.  Will keep watching to see what happens.


Look to the far left in the photo below and you can see the white hull of FIRST LIGHT, Tom's Pathfinder.  I think that will be the first Pathfinder to compete in the race, maybe one of the first Welsford designs to compete.  Good luck to all.


2 comments:

Lorenzo said...

That white bow stood out immediately to my eyes. I recognised it as a Welsford before I read your text.
Good to see BTW that you're getting on the water regularly despite the season . I'm still busy on house works but we hope to be able to move in soon....and hopefully get the boat out soon too!

Steve said...

Yes, there is a distinctive look to a Welsford hull. Tom had a great race with his Pathfinder. Enjoy the new house and the water nearby. steve