Sunday, March 4, 2018

from FIRST LIGHT

Just as I began writing this post I received a text and then a photo via email.  They were from Tom aboard his Pathfinder FIRST LIGHT.  I am pleased he had the time and energy to send a report.  


from Tom....

"Put the pathfinder to the test yesterday, had big seas,triple reefed top speed was 10.2. That was outside west of midnight pass approaching Venice inlet. Had to tie a reef in those conditions was hectic, but first light took care of me. Was happy to  get inside at Venice. The more I sail this boat the more I like it."


I've marked Tom's location at the top end of Gasparilla Sound with Dawn paddling just to the north of him.  Alan and Paul are outside near Naples where they will round Cape Romano and then head inside to checkpoint #2 at Chokoloskee (there's a name that brings back memories of Shadow Country).  Winds about 10 out of the north for today then strengthening to 16 out of the northeast tonight, back to 10 tomorrow morning.


No comments: