Monday, April 26, 2021

electronics day


Electronics day here as I get ready for the next trip.  That means cleaning data off devices from the last trip, images off the GoPros and iPhone, tracking data off the gps.  Clearing the tracks off the gps I came across the above of the last couple of days of the trips showing, from top to bottom, Ossabow Sound, St. Catherine's Sound (both crossed on the same day), and Sapelo Sound (crossed on the final day of the abbreviated trip).  The Sounds were beautiful as were the rivers and creeks connecting them.  All of that data is already stored on my iMac and also backed up on a hard drive .


There are a bunch of GoPro batteries and power banks to charge.  In a couple of days I'll look at the forecast and leave as early as Monday if the forecast is good.  No reason to start a trip with bad weather.  

 

2 comments:

David Swanson said...

Is your planned route similar to what you posted last year before the lock down? I printed that out & posted on my wall as it is almost identical to what I want to do when I retire.

Steve said...

It all depends on the wind. I would like to start the trip by heading north to Albemarle Sound to visit Edenton and Salmon Creek, then east to Roanoke Island, then south to Pamlico Sound, visiting Oriental, New Bern, Beaufort along the way. Steve