Saturday, September 3, 2022

almost home


One of the joys of this summer has been following Kristen Greenaway on Instagram as she and her son took a two-month sail aboard Kristen's Cape Dory MAGDALENA from St. Michaels to Maine and back.  What a wonderful journey, one that will leave them both with memories for a lifetime.  

Those of you who sail Chesapeake Bay will recognize the Kent Narrows drawbridge.  Kristen is almost home.  Here is a text I received this morning.

How great is that?? 
 

Kristen, president of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, has been a good friend of many years.  She is in the group of people I have met through SPARTINA (the boat that I built to get away from people but instead caused me to meet mybest and truest friends. ( How did that happen?)).  I always look forward to seeing her in St. Michaels and I've also had the pleasure of crossing paths with her as we were out on our own sailing trips.  Last year we met on Mill Creek off the Patuxent River.   A couple of years ago it was on  Queenstown Creek, a favorite anchorage for both of us.  


I hope to see Kristen soon at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival and hear some of her stories firsthand.  In the meantime I'll share these screenshots of her IG posts, published with her permission.  Well done, Kristen.  And welcome home.




 

No comments: