Wednesday, December 6, 2023

December sailor, meals gone walkabout


 Light winds yesterday, with beautiful blue skies.  A friend from the oceanfront texted me she would be downtown.  Lunch maybe?  I told her I was going for a sail, she should join me.  Her reply was that she was dressed for a business meeting, not for sailing.  So I sailed, she met.  Fortunately for me her meeting came with a view of the river.  How nice is that?

---------------------------------------------

My order of a couple of dozen freeze dried meals for the winter trip has gone walkabout on me.  I placed my order with LDP Camping Foods, a supplier of freeze dried meals that I have used for the last couple of years.  My package was shipped last week via USPS.  Tracking shows that it arrived in Virginia Beach a couple of days ago.  It sat there until yesterday when it left for somewhere in southern Maryland.  This morning I rec'd a tracking text that it is now in Washington D.C.  I suspect the meals, once they get bored with traveling, will come back this way.  The trip is several weeks off, and I know that Marcus at LDP will make sure I get my meals.


1 comment:

Shawn Stanley said...

Lookin' good Steve! Kinda cool your friend spotted you out sailing!