Sunday, June 26, 2011

wild fox

Quiet but comfortable day on the water today.  OK wind in the morning, then it fell off about noon.  I had the chance to take some friends along for the sail and that was fun.  When the wind faltered we drifted off of Town Point Park and listened to Lil' Malcolm and the Houserockers at the main stage of the Bayou Bugaloo.  I wished we had had some wind, but with no wind this was a pretty nice way to spend the afternoon.  


Just one boat caught my eye today, it was Wild Fox with a homeport of Belfast, Northern Ireland.  At first glance I thought she was a cat ketch, then I noticed the main mast was aft so she a cat schooner.  Not only that, she was junk rigged.  Interesting boat and I'm glad to have seen her passing through.

steve

2 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

Looks like a Wyloe - a steel design for self builders by Nick Skeetes -most are 32 ft but there is a 36 foot version. We have a couple locally - Brillo and the aptly named SSparky (presume the welding was all done electrically)

Bursledon Blogger said...

or indeed a Benford dory yacht!!