Saturday, July 13, 2013

outboard info, corrected

Thanks to Jay, who sails the Pathfinder Guvnor, I know now that I was incorrect when I said my Nissan 3.5 outboard was a long shaft model.  It is not.  For a decade I believed it was, basing my information on my belief that I had ordered a long shaft and the fact the the distance from the bottom of the powerhead to the center of the prop was roughly 20 inches.


Jay sent me a link and notes about his outboard, which is similar to mine.  His information, plus my owner's manual (I can't believe I found an owner's manual from that long ago) shows that the nissan is in fact the standard (short) version.  Thanks very much, Jay, for correcting me.

This is great timing on the correction.  I was just about to order a Honda 2.3 four-stroke long shaft.  Now I know I should order the standard version, which you can see above.

And just remember, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

steve



1 comment:

Bill said...

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to verify their authenticity."

- Abraham Lincoln