Monday, June 4, 2018

spectacular


Today's daysail was spectacular.  There is no other word for it.  And I almost didn't go.  Cool, chilly really, in the early morning, low grey clouds and strong winds tousling the trees.  A check of Windy.com showed the weather would be moving out about 10 a.m.  And it did exactly that soon after launching down on the Pasquotank River in Elizabeth City, NC.  Great wind, cool dry air out of the north (unusual for June) and I had the river to myself.  Perfect.  The nice thing about this river is the narrow winding course that goes from northwest to southeast causes the water to stay calm even in strong winds out of the north quadrant.  


My favorite lunch spot, Sidney's, has closed down, so I Bryon's Hot Dog Stand in an old mostly vacant building downtown.  Two Pasquotank dogs - hot dog, pulled pork bbq, cole slaw and a shot of hot sauce - with chips and an iced tea.  Okay, okay, I did have a third dog: ketchup, mustard and relish.  Good food, friendly people.  The gentleman seated near me worked around the corner at the funeral home.  He was between, um, let's say appointments.  


The back out on the river to lighter, shifting and fun wind.  I could have stayed out there forever.


No comments: