Tuesday, June 14, 2022

day fourteen - a ride on the Piglet Shuttle


An off-the-water day in Oriental, a day to relax and resupply.  It starts when I catch the Piglet, the free ride to the Piggly Wiggly grocery store a little more than a mile down the road.  I don't plan on calling for a ride but my neighbors on an Island Packet do and they invite me to come along.


Oriental is a favorite town and I see lots of friends from past visits.  Some I know their names, others I don't, they all welcome me just the same.  Time to catch up on the log, do a little reading and top off the fuel can.  And some visits to The Bean for a cold glass of iced tea.


Batteries, phones and iPad mini recharged.


Clothes washed and repacked in the waterproof duffel.

 
A salad for lunch, I miss my greens, and tuna tataki at the Toucan Grill.


And a nice evening on the waterfront.

 

No comments: