Saturday, June 18, 2022

day sixteen - weathered


More thunderstorms overnight, heavy rains.  Sail off anchor 6:40 with a cool north wind and clear skies.  Making 2.6 out of Cedar Creek.  I sail into the glare of the rising sun.


7:00 on calm water in Mouse Harbor, tacking towards Pamlico Point and the Pamlico River.  Maybe I'll sail west to Little Washington.  8:10 tacking around Pamlico Point, 3.3 out on the river.  Somehow my sleeping bag had gotten wet overnight, I spread it out to dry.  8:45 light wind, 1.6.  9:30 no wind.  9:55 a little breeze then none at all.


10:35 under power.  11:00 a nice wind arrives, full sail.  Tack at 11:30.  At noon the wind disappears.  I check the forecast, little wind today, unseasonable hot the next two days.  Frustrated.  Storms, gusts, rain, lightning and now summer-like heat in May.  


Under power I turn towards North Creek.  2:00 around Chambers Point and we turn towards the East Fork.  Anchor down 2:25.  I set up the boom tent for shade.  I'll head in tomorrow.


 21.45 nautical miles

No comments: