Tuesday, June 21, 2022

the stormy 307


 I finally totaled the mileage from the spring trip, 266.81 nautical miles / 307.04 statute miles.  That includes four evenings of thunderstorms and four days and nights of gusts to 35 mph.  So I'll call the sail the stormy 307.  When I get a chance I'll copy links to the daily logs and post them in the column at the right of this page.  

The bad news it was a stormy trip.  The good news is equipment and SPARTINA dealt with it all quite well.  And I think I made a few good decisions along the way.  When I got back to the marina all the gear was clean and dry, there was food and water to spare. and I was well-rested.  It is very important to me to know that I can deal with bad weather.  

So it is day sailing - lots of morning and evening sailing - for the next couple months.  All the while I'll be looking forward to the fall sail on Chesapeake Bay.    

No comments: