Friday, May 19, 2023

Onancock


I am spending the day and night in Onancock.  Why?   One reason is the corner bakery.  The other is Mallard’s on the Wharf with their great lunches annd dinners  And also the people here are so friendly and kind.  


It was only three hours ago that I tied up at the slip.  Since then I’ve talked to about a dozen people.   Some I knew from earlier visits, some just stopped by to say hello.  Twice I have been offered ride for errands.  And there is an invite to listen to music tonight at the Irish pub.  How nice.  


 I still don’t understand the gaps in the SPOT data.  There is about a two hour gap missing from yesterday when I left my anchorage and sailed south on Tangier Sound, turned into the Little Annemessex and sailed through lovely Broad Creek.  Oh well.  From the maps you can at least get the general drift. 

1 comment:

MaryLou said...

We've always liked Onancock. Finally visited by water in 2021. It was even better that way. We were there in June and there was a steady stream of young people in fancy attire getting their pictures taken on the bridge next to the marina. Seemed a bit late for prom night but that's what it looked like. Missed the bakery though. Enjoy!