Sunday, December 4, 2011

planning

I can’t say it too often:  being on a boat, being on the water, brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart.
                                                          - Webb Chiles




On another note I was searching back through the logs of our cruises.  I found I had done a good job of labeling the moleskine notebooks with each cruise log, but I had failed to label the rite in the rain notepads for the particular trip.  Typically we take notes during the day in the notepad, then that evening I will write a journal entry in the moleskine notebook.  I now want to go through the notebooks, which often contain details that don't make it into the log, and label each one for the particular cruise.  It is not as easy as I would have thought.   There are lots of notes such as "reached marker 9 red at 10:15."  Exactly where marker 9 is located, maybe up on Chesapeake Bay or maybe in North Carolina, is not so obvious.    But I'll figure it out.


I was going to end this post with the quote from Webb Chiles, but it is such a nice quote I moved it to the top.  I found it somewhere in the "lost years" of his journal, from Antigua I think.  On the first weekend in months where I haven't had the chance to sail it reminded me of why I like being out on the water.  


steve

No comments: