Saturday, September 12, 2015

Urbanna


Just a wonderful overnight visit to Urbanna to see the opening of Curt's one-man show, "Return to the Great River, Maritime Paintings."  There were some beautiful paintings, a few of which I had already seen and many that were new to me.  Plus Curt had several of his mixed media pieces on display, all interesting and fascinating.  


I did not take any photographs during the opening, Liz and I were too busy enjoying the paintings and visiting with the friendly crowd (though I did go back this morning to peek through the window of the Urbanna Harbor Gallery to take the above picture).  Curt and his wife, artist Eleanor Cole Hughes, were generous with their time as they welcomed us to the show.


Later than evening, on what must have been a very long day for Curt and Eleanor, they dropped by along with friends John and Vera England of the buy boat F.D. Crockett to sit on the patio at The Works Bar & Grill for a rambling discussion of art, sailing, daughters, travel and who knows what else.  A fine evening under the stars.

It was, as I said, a wonderful visit.  Thanks Curt and Eleanor for your hospitality.  John and Vera, I'll look forward to seeing you at the Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival.

No comments: